Friday 27 August 2010

Living on Makkah border, Filipino couldn’t resist Islam

. Friday 27 August 2010

By BADEA ABU AL-NAJA | ARAB NEWS
Published: Aug 25, 2010 01:09 Updated: Aug 25, 2010 01:09
 
MAKKAH: Marion, a 46-year-old Filipino, has been living in Makkah's Taneem district, a few meters from the Haram border, after he arrived in the Kingdom nearly five months ago.
This proximity to the Haram area, where non-Muslims are not allowed to enter, gave him the inspiration to embrace Islam.
Less than half a year was quite enough time for Marion to become enlightened. He started learning about Islam and bid farewell to his old religion, which he had practiced for over four decades.
Marion pronounced Shahada at a ceremony at the Taneem branch of the Cooperative Office for Propagation and Guidance for Foreigners (Jaliyat).
Makkah Jaliyat Director Sulaiman Al-Salloumi guided him.
Marion is married and has two children. He is currently working for a water drainage company in Makkah.
Marion told Arab News that his proximity to the Haram border helped him feel Allah's blessing and convinced him to revert to Islam.
"My heart was aching to learn about Islam and I wanted to able to enter the Haram area as a Muslim. My colleagues helped a lot in guiding me," he said.
"There are several Filipino Muslim compatriots in my company. I was very impressed by their religious rituals — regular prayers, recitation of the Holy Qur'an and performance of Umrah."
He added that seeing the Grand Mosque on television regularly had an effect on him.
"I dreamed of a day when I would be a Muslim, going to the Haram Mosque to perform Umrah."
Marion says he is now a much more relaxed and happier man.
"I see in the Qu'ran a panacea for all the ills of man. I enjoy reciting the Qu'ran, which is a blessing for the whole of mankind," he said.
Marion cannot wait to tell his wife and family about this turning point in his life.
"I will personally invite my wife and family members to revert to this true religion. This will be after I go on vacation," he added.

1 comments:

Sania Saeed said...

Thanks for this great news.
May Allah guide everyone.